Tuesday 5 January 2010

December 2009


Hello,

In December I was part of the The Lodge Artist Society annual exhibition at Astley park Coach House Gallery. The Lodge is a great group of artist of all abilities and welcomes new members, I have enjoyed my time there so far very much! The exhibition took place over three weeks from the start of December and there was a private view including prize giving. North West artist Gerry Halpin was the judge and the event was attended by the Mayoress of Chorley. Opening night was a busy event and I was awarded the 'Ray Landless Best in Show' trophy for my painting 'Stoneface I' which was a complete shock! There were many visitors to the show over the three weeks and this generated many sales within the works on show including a couple of mine. I am looking forward to new events this year and my work will be in the Garstang annual open exhibition this month (details to follow).

No comments: